Keep an eye on this page for major updates on what's been happening
Jun 18, 2004 - Le
roi est mort. Vive le roi!
- Ondrej Pacovsky (OP): I have taken over annie because Asim is
being slowly eaten by other
projects. I have been working (a bit) on annie since Nov 2003 till now.
My improvements are determined by the time available, too. I will
implement only what I need. I'm trying to keep Annie coherent, robust
and tested - but I have approx. 1/4 time needed to do that. So some
parts are really just experimental and aren't easy and low-bugged to
use. In the future, I will work on Recurrent nets, but most probably
not on other TODOs.
- 0.60 and 0.70alpha releases are available. I would, however,
suggest downloading a fresh CVS, because it will be probably a bit more
stable at this stage. Features kohonen, examples with visualisation,
interface tunes and... see the NEWS file
- If you are a Windows user then please use version 0.51 instead of the new releases. Windows support for the new versions is not yet in place
March 19, 2003 - Oops
- There was a small error in the previous release which prevented
it from compiling. If you're having compile trouble with release
0.51 then replace annie.h in that download with this file.
(Basically, there are three files that are NOT part of the release
which were included in annie.h (these files were KohonenMap.h,
KohonenMap1D.h and KohonenMap3D.h. To fix this error,
just comment out the lines including these files in annie.h
or download this file).
March 15, 2003 - Minor Update
- Minor bugfix - Compilation errors in Layer.h were observed when
compiling in Visual Studio 6.0. This has been fixed
- Visual Studio 6 - Workspace and solution files
- This update ships as version 0.51. No changes to
documentation or Matlab extensions pack, so they ship as in release
0.5. Furthermore, if you do not use Visual Studio 6, then you may not
need to change to 0.51 from 0.5
- PDF format documentation is now available for download
January 13, 2002 - NEW RELEASE!
- Matlab Extensions Pack - An add-on package has
been developed to open the doors to the power of Matlab's Neural
Network toolbox to annie! This pack will allow you to create training
sets in C++, export them to matrices in Matlab, then create a network
in Matlab, train it and then export it back so that you can use the
network in your C++ applicaion! (README)
- Hopfield Networks are now supported by annie. An example is
provided that demonstrates the pattern storing ability of Hopfield
- Some bug fixes and other small new features. Fully compatible
with older releases so you might as well just download it!
modified: Jun 18, 2004